Everyone is welcome at Claire Hughes Dental. We strive to provide the best possible care for all our patients for all stages of their life.
At our practice we don’t just “do a check-up”.
Our dentists perform a comprehensive Dental Health Check. We do the same thing at each full examination, so nothing is overlooked or missed.
14 different aspects are assessed including:
- How you feel about your teeth and if you have any problems.
- Medical status update.
- Lifestyle factors.
- An examination of your tongue, lips, cheeks, skin, glands and jaw alignment.
- A check for signs of oral cancer.
- A review of your gums to ensure they are as healthy as they can be.
- A re-evaluation of any historical work, to ensure it continues to achieve its purpose.
- X-rays are taken to check the health of the areas inside, under and between the teeth and the health of your jaw bone. (Complying with the regulation of taking x-rays ‘only when needed’)
Future treatment needs are discussed and recorded. At this stage we discuss your future treatment needs; from routine examination and hygiene visits, to advanced restorative or cosmetic dental treatment.
At all times, fully involving you, the patient, in this process.
We think you will agree it’s a long way from ‘Ok, all is fine; see you in six months’.
At Claire Hughes Dental we encourage our patients to bring their children to the practice from an early age. Studies have shown that the younger the age that you bring your child to the dental practice, even if just for a check-up, the more likely they are to have a positive experience and grow up not to be afraid of the dentist. Our team will take special care of your child to make them feel safe and cared for.
There are a number of preventive treatments that our team can provide for your children.
- Fluoride applications are a safe and effective way to safeguard your growing child’s teeth from developing decay. The fluoride is painted onto the surface of the child’s teeth and this helps to strengthen the teeth.
- Fissure sealants are tooth coloured and applied to biting surfaces of children’s teeth to prevent decay.